Be My Valentine

~A Valentine's gift exchange between artist friends.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Sealed By Your Love/The Long Arm of My Love

Today is day 2 and we opened a very funky, 3-dimensional, beeswax vellum heart from Crystal Neubauer. The heart has a cool little pearl white button in he shape of a flower and is dangling from a big 'ole cool Inventory tag. What fun! It's entitled "Sealed by your love".

On the back of the tag there is a note that says: "Place me like a seal over you heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame." Song of Solomon 8:6 **

*Edit: There were actually 2 versions of Crystal's gift. Some of us received this tag with a beautiful wired heart with a bisque doll arm on it. Both versions were lovely!

**Due to a technical glitch, this reveal brought to you by Jennifer Rowland. Thanks Jen!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:40 a.m. , Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

    Crystal, this is so beautiful in it's simplicity. It has a feeling of folk art, which is my fav style of art. I will treasure it! THANK YOU!

     
  • At 5:27 p.m. , Blogger Deb said...

    Crystal... Your art is always so intriguing and I adore the twisted wire heart and porcelain arm. So creative and the verse is very inspiring. Thank you for letting me be a part of this :0) Deb

     
  • At 8:36 a.m. , Blogger Dawn said...

    Crytal, thank you for sharing your art with me. I hope you don't mind if I include it in a altered book on Love I'm making.

    Isn't this swap fun?!

     
  • At 8:11 a.m. , Blogger primdollie said...

    What a creative piece of art I just love it!!!I love the simplicity of it and the true meaning!! Thanks for sharing your art!!!It will have a place in my art journal!!Hugs Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home