Be My Valentine

~A Valentine's gift exchange between artist friends.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Special Delivery!


For day #9, Fiona Mortimore sent a beautiful fabric embellished fabric postcard. The base is made of a beautiful pink and red batik fabric, bordered with pink binding sewn on with variegated pink thread. There are lots of lovely embellishments quilted on to the fabric base. Lace, rickrack, organza, ribbons, sequins, and many beads which have all been sewn on by hand. The main heart is a beautiful iridescent fabric heart which has been sewn on and embellished with a big red button. It's just a beautiful!
*Due to a technical glitch, this reveal brought to you by Jennifer Rowland. Thanks Jennifer!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fiona - the is absolutely stunning! Much better in person. You do amazing work and I'm so glad I have a piece of your artistic creations. I LOVE THIS PIECE!!! Kathy

     
  • At 6:32 a.m. , Blogger primdollie said...

    This is so lovely dear Fiona!!!! thanks so much I will for certain use it in a fun fabric piece for myself!! thanks I love the colors and all the fun little embellishments!!! Hugs Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home